ANAPHYLAXIS RECOGNITION AND MANAGEMENT
Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that is very rapid in onset and can cause death. Typically it causes more than one of the following:
- an itchy rash,
- throat or tongue
- shortness of breath,
- light headed,
- and low blood pressure.
These symptoms can be extremely quick in there onset, typically arriving in minutes to hours. The common causes include insect bites and stings, foods, and medications. Other causes include latex exposure and exercise. Additionally cases may occur without an obvious reason.
The primary treatment of anaphylaxis is epinephrine injection into a muscle, intravenous fluids, and positioning the person flat. Additional doses of epinephrine may be required. Other measures, such as antihistamines and steroids, are complementary. Carrying an epinephrine autoinjector and identification regarding the condition is recommended in people with a history of anaphylaxis. The UK Anaphylaxis website helps support people at risk of severe allergies.
Due to the practical nature of the course it is limited in attendance to 12 people at any one time.
The course is open to anyone interested in acquiring or requiring specific training in Anaphylaxis Recognition and Management, and will cover both Adult and Paediatric management.
Particularly suitable for: Individuals and Organisations with responsibility for Children and babies.
No previous knowledge, training or experience is required.
Continuous assessments will be used to assess the participant’s progress throughout the course.
Enquire About This Course
Would you like to book a training course with us?
Would you like to have a bespoke training course for your company completed at a date/time of your choice? Get in contact to discuss your requirements